Tuesday, May 10, 2011

'LOOK AT ME, I'M HAPPY!' POST


Just what's been going on for the past few weeks, which took me eternity to post pictures up.

Went by some Italian restaurant with a couple of my flatmates with Nat, my lovely awesome gay best friend. He mostly slept on my floor because he says it's annoying when I curl up like a foetus when I sleep, rendering him with almost no space to sleep. We decided to head down to St. Kilda's beach which didn't turn out to be any fun because it was windy and freezing. I could have sworn our nipples all stood erected like twin towers.



To cross out one of the many things I set to accomplish in my bucket list, I can finally cross out sky diving. Nobody can ever look glamourous jumping out of a plane at 14,000 feet. Your eyes refuse to open (oddly a feat if you have tiny eyes like mine), your skin - no matter how skinny you are, flaps like a turkey's neck and of course, the inability to hear anything but hearing in your head how you're going to die, going to die, going to die. My instructor told me that I was easily his easiest tandem jump in his 17 years of sky diving, and I proudly take that compliment. He allowed me to steer the parachute. We spun around 360 degrees again and again. The view from above was a sick one and to add on to that, when you spin round and round, what goes into your head is beyond comprehension. Like how when you're high and nothing and everything makes sense at the same time. Till today, I have trouble explaining it, I just tell people, "it's an unexplainable sensation".


I was brought back down to earth when I ripped my favourite jeans. That sickening rip I hear as I jumped onto my bed still tingles every atom in my body. Went out to get a pair of jeans from 2 Blocks South (which I've never ever heard of before, but apparently their brand positioning is the same as Cheap Mondays but meh whatever. Theirs were way more comfortable than the Cheap Mondays' pair I tried on) which costs a good ol' price of AUD$90, thereby making it the most expensive pair of jeans I've ever owned. This pair of jeans better bloody not rip or I'll just walk around naked because I'd have lost all hope in a good pair of jeans.


Happily bought over-the-knee socks at Target which I squealed in delight because there were so many of them to choose from.

And now, I'm able to come home earlier than expected. Again, I have to reiterate how ecstatically excited I am to return back to Singapore to see my family, friends and my cute fat doggies. Oh my, this is the happiest I've been so far since everything that has happened to me. I could hug anything and everyone now!

*rolls around the floor and dies
 
Template By clever kitten | Fonts used: Arial, Trebuchet MS, Verdana