Sunday, March 6, 2011

What happens when everything you thought you knew about someone was not. The face that made you smile and love every single thing about him, was just naivety at its best. Loving a face of greediness, lust and facade, believing the spewed out poison was gold. Everything you believed in this person was just a figment of what you think is perfect, only to find out you're the only one in this cruel  illusion.

You just wanted him to feel about you the same way as you do. You wanted him to think that you're the most beautiful girl, that he was the luckiest person alive to be with someone this amazing. You loved everything about him, his eyes, his laugh, his crooked smile, his flaws - no matter how small they were, you loved every minute detail about him. You've just been dreaming. Having you alone in his life is not enough. He wants the others. You're not enough for him. Even when you've given your all.

What happens when you realize that the man you've always loved and saw your whole future with, the growing old part, having the happiest family together, the fights about who should leave the toilet seat down or up - just dissipated into thin air, into nothingness. Your dreams, your aspirations, your life will never be yours because you've been putting your faith blindly into someone else. And now, you're all alone to fix the broken parts of your life. The only person you call for every smallest things is not the one you can call and cry to now. It will never be the same.

Now, what happens to me?

Words that once weaved beautifully together to make me feel like I'm the luckiest person in the world now has that sick strangle on me. Because now I know, it's not what it is. Those words meant nothing to you. Those words were the drug that kept me going back to you, loving you more than I've ever had. They were just words that you cruelly used to keep me along your side as I, oblivious to your ways, stuck with you. I defended you strongly when my friends told me otherwise. Should have seen it coming.

Secrets now come tumbling out of all the friends I have. They're not singing the same tune anymore.

I've thrown every single thing that reminds me of you into a bag. It's still lying on my floor. Not sure what I'm waiting for. Have yet to let my folks know it's over. Not sure what I'm waiting for either. Maybe subconsciously in my head, I know that once I throw away those beautiful memories, it's my way of telling myself, these 2 years is really over. When I finally let my parents know why I've been sounding so tired these past few days, it's my way of confirming that the best part of my life is over. Perhaps I'm still in denial. In denial that this has to happen to me, because all I did was to give you everything I had, only to be trampled on by your lies.

I will not stand for someone, of whom I gave my all to, to go around shopping for another. I deserve more than that. You've stripped me bare. You have ripped me apart, crushed all that I had left into smithereens like it's a joke - a perverse one. Still, I thank you. Better late than never. Hope you'll find someone else better than me. Hope you find someone who can put up with what I can't. Good luck with your life. Thanks for the reality check after 2 years of my life.
 
Template By clever kitten | Fonts used: Arial, Trebuchet MS, Verdana